Sausage rolls who doesn’t know them? Anyone who thinks of a kamado does not immediately think of a sausage roll. But it’s worth a try because right off the kamado, these sausage rolls taste extra delicious.
There is no real authentic recipe for a delicious sausage roll, as each family often has a generations-old recipe for this popular recipe. That’s why we are happy to share a recipe from mom’s kitchen, one that makes young old lick their fingers.
We love it in the way described below. But, of course, you can put your own spin on it.
- Pizza stone
- Divide and Conquer or Plate setter
- Electric lighter or firelighters
- Dome thermometer
- Butter puff pastry
Recipe for 15 sandwiches Filling:
- 1 kilogram of minced beef
- 5 tablespoons of curry (hela)
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of minced spices
- 1 tablespoon of maggi
- 2 eggs + 1 extra egg for over sandwiches
- 5 tablespoons of bread crumbs
Kamado: Temperature 170 degrees, indirect.
- Step 1: Turn on the Kamado
- Step 2: Make the filling
- Step 3: Stuff the filling into the puff pastry
- Step 4: Brush the sausage rolls with egg yolk.
- Step 4: Coat the hot pizza stone with butter in the areas where the sandwiches will lie.
- Step 5: Place the sausage rolls on the pizza stone.
- Step 6: After about 35 min, they are ready.
Enjoy your meal!